Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Welcome To L.A.



It was just a dream, the disdain of my surroundings served up on a tray
No money and no experience, but I left anyway
22 years is a long price to pay
when you're longing for something more day after day
My friends and family, their full support on display
Choked up and speechless, was left with nothing to say
Bags were packed and loaded, all there was to do was pray
Please let it be worth it, I'd whisper in hotel beds as I lay
Trees eroded into plains, so far from the beautiful red Georgia clay
Maybe we should turn back, I thought for a moment and then said nay
Returning to my sense, something deep inside I knew I had to slay
A renewed vigor excorcised the doubt, no time for my confidence to sway
Its so easy to get lost in the grey
Immaculate complexity, all of life consists of opportunities from which we weigh
Eventually entering into the land of dreams and angels, careful to not be lead astray
My old dreams became reality, endless information on my mind like a boat on a restless bay
Go here, no go there, and endless array
Diverse and dying inhabitants gleaming in an ever-present gamma ray
Too dry to walk, no water to spray
Why am I here I pondered, then he yelled and said "HEY"
What did you say? Where you referring to me or they?
Opportunity himself pat me on the back and assured me everything would be okay
Time passed, slowly finding myself, not to sound too cliche
But this truly is a land of chances and opportnuties, an "all you can" eat artist buffet
Sometimes I feel as though it is unjust, a gift wrapped in a bouquet
The trick is to take advantage before the gift begins to decay
It's hard though, to illustrate exactly what I'm trying to convey
The pride, success, and anguish of an artist always on full dispay
Now park your vehicle of destiny, even if you have to use valet
Your journey is soon to follow, be careful not to delay
I hope one day my example will shine like a beacon to welcome you to L.A.



-Cam-








No comments:

Post a Comment